Here are our DIY baby receiving blankets! Follow our tutorial to learn how to make this simple and inexpensive project!
1.1 Metres of fabric (100% cotton in flannel or cuddle)
Sewing supplies needed:
Serger sewing machine (not pictured)
Circle reference (a mug or cup will work)
1. Decide what dimensions you'd like for your finished receiving blanket.
These instructions are for a 40" x 40" oversized blanket.
2. Lay fabric flat on the table.
3. Use a measuring tape to a 40" x 40" square (or whatever dimensions you've chosen). Chalk out your line and cut.
4. Take a mug or any circular object and line it up to the corner edges of the fabric.
Chalk the new rounded edge to all four corners.
5. Starting on a side not a corner, serge all the way around the blanket.
6. Trim off any excess threads from the serger and you're done!
For any questions, don't hesitate to drop us a comment below, send us an email or just visit us in studio!