Wednesday, June 8, 2011

DIY: Father's Day Gift Box

Father's Day is coming up - Very quickly!! I always seem to leave gift shopping/making to last minute, but this year is different, I have been doing my research a few weeks in advance (go me!). I just found this creative gift box idea that I know my dad would keep for years to come. 
I am still looking for a gift to go inside this little box... I welcome all suggestions (however, must fit in this box)


Happy Sewing! (craft making)


Father's Day Shirt & Tie Gift Boxes


Click here for Gift Box Template








Supplies you’ll need:
a printer
cardstock for the box and tie(s)*
scissors
a ruler
a pen or pencil
glue dots
double-sided tape
1/4 inch circle hole punch (for bow tie box)


Optional Sewing Materials for Tie/Buttons

- Those random buttons that you have laying around from past projects
- Awesome fabrics or felt to use for the tie/bow tie


Print the box template onto lightweight card stock, cut out along the solid lines, and assemble according to the directions found in the template file. Place your gift in the box, and use double-sided tape or glue dots to securely close the flap. Print bow tie/necktie templates, cut out, and trace onto your choice of patterned or solid colored paper. Cut out the tie(s) and attach to the box flap using double stick tape or glue dots. If making the bow tie box, punch out three 1/4 inch “buttons” using a hole punch, and attach to the front of the box using glue dots (small Zots are the perfect size).
Alternative directions: Assemble the box and attach the tie to the top flap first, and add your gift last.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing the perfect gift idea for Father's day.

    Regards,
    Gift Basket Ideas

    ReplyDelete